Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A steak at 12

I am sitting at home at 12:00 after a late night training session getting ready to grill a steak in hopes of keeping all that I've worked for on this rickety frame, and hoping that maybe one more meal will keep the fat assassins slaying and the muscle masons building. Its times like these that my mind is rattled at the sheer dedication of those in this sport (bodybuilding, fitness, sports nutrition etc.) and the daily grind and routine that they stick to, without hesitation, for the purpose of creation. I think there is a certain sense of pride and arrogance that you'll find amongst some in this business, but I think for the most part, the elite level competitors are pushing themselves to see what their limits are and what they are capable of because they have realized that they have control of their bodies. Its theirs to shape and mold and it feels great to have and realize that power..not out of arrogance, but out of control and creation!

With that in mind, I was reading through some old emails that I have when I stumbled upon one from a friend of mine, that is involved in Muscle Nog, from when we were brainstorming marketing messages and ideas. I was moved by the message so I thought it would be prudent to share. Here's what he said - "We‘ve all heard it! Hell we say it unknowingly! “blood sweat and tears....”, “you gotta pay the price....”, “to get you gotta give...”, "Yin and Yang", “To be a champ you must train like a champ...”. The list of cliché’s go on and on but truth is truth. These statements portray difficulty, a burden of commitment, a self-driven conviction to walk beyond our comfort zone, and to crush average on its lazy neck. Burst your bubble of mediocrity dammit! Quit talking the tough talk, shut your mouth and get rockin’! Get living again! Feel your pulse pounding out of your veins! Never ever again take advantage of that breath you just took. Push that set to failure, and I mean dead ass failure! Run the race like it’s your last day of mortality! Fight your next fight and silent the masses in awe! You see, pain and glory go hand in hand. Feel alive again! There is holiness, a sacredness of individual sacrifice that comes from pushing the body and mind to greater growth and conquering your false limitations, believe it, the soul yearns for it! It’s divinely given, we weren’t meant for stagnation! The NOG life isn’t about ordinary, and it’s definitely not average! It’s not just a brand or a logo or a food, it’s our faith, a religion if you will, the burning passion, the inner flame that fuels our lives and makes good great and greatness better! It feeds us as we sleep, and consumes us as we wake! Nog is about self-confidence. It’s about being significant in life. Get Nogged! Stay Nogged!"

Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not about "tooting my own horn", but I think we have something great, and I truly want to share it...for all that its worth....not just the product, but the lifestyle.

Be good, no, Be Great! Move Mountains!

Charlie

P.S. The steak was delicious as was the Nutty Butter Nog! Now I command my body to GROW!

1 comment:

  1. I am a firm believer of paving the road to your own destiny. We all have the same amount of hours in the day, and our lives are a compilation of our choices....a sum total of our actions. The only thing that stops you from doing anything, is YOU! You are the author of your own life, so if you don't like the way the story is going...then change it up in a new chapter! Be nothing less than the greatest version of you there can be! I agree, Charlie...Move Mountains! There is no Gene for the human Spirit~

    ReplyDelete